- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sirloin Steak with Red Wine Recipe
|Sirloin steak||5 Pound (1 1/2 Inches Thick)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), split|
|Olive oil/Salad oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon, coarsely cracked|
|Dried rosemary leaves||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dry red wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 689 Calories from Fat 419
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 47 g71.8%
Saturated Fat 16.8 g84%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 137.3 mg45.8%
Sodium 515.7 mg21.5%
Total Carbohydrates 2 g0.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.36 g1.4%
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 58 g115.4%
Vitamin A 1.4% Vitamin C 1.1%
Calcium 8.1% Iron 25.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a meat colander, place steak and rinse under running water. Alternatively, wipe steak using damp kitchen paper towel.
2. Rub all sides of steak using split garlic and keep aside. Do not discard used garlic.
3. Preheat an oven to 175C (350F).
3. In a heavy bottom skillet, add oil and heat till hot.
4. Once hot, add the steak and grill on both sides evenly for 3 to 5 minutes on both sides, or till it turns brown in colour.
5. In a shallow roasting pan, place the browned steak.
6. Add the reserved garlic, rosemary and season with salt and pepper.
7. Place a meat thermometer close to the centre of meat.
8. Place pan on top level/ rack of oven and bake till meat thermometer shows 65C (130F) or for 20 to 25 minutes. This is required for a medium rare done steak.
9. Discard garlic and place the prepared steak on a serving platter.
10. In the same pan, add wine and bring to a boil, while stirring continuously.
11. Add butter and remove from flame. Mix well.
12. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of prepared sauce over steak and transfer rest to a sauce boat/ small serving bowl.
13. Thinly slice steak diagonally and serve immediately in individual dinner plates with roast vegetables and mash potatoes.