- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sirloin Beef Tips in Red Wine Recipe
|Bacon slice||1 , cut into small pieces|
|Beef sirloin tip/Stew beef||2 Pound|
|Dry red wine||2 Cup (32 tbs), divided (Preferably Burgundy)|
|Beef broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Minced garlic||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried marjoram leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Bay leaf||1 , broken in half|
|Small white onions||1⁄2 Pound, peeled|
|Baby carrots||1 Pound|
|Small red potatoes||2 Pound|
|Small mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, cut in half|
Calories 791 Calories from Fat 103
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g17.7%
Saturated Fat 4.2 g21.1%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 138.8 mg
Sodium 939.8 mg39.2%
Total Carbohydrates 83 g27.5%
Dietary Fiber 8.9 g35.8%
Sugars 12.2 g
Protein 59 g118.2%
Vitamin A 321.6% Vitamin C 97%
Calcium 13.3% Iron 54.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 375 °F.
1) In a large flameproof casserole, saute the bacon over a medium-high heat until crisp.
2) Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and reserve the drippings.
3) In the pan drippings, add the beef and sear until browned on all the sides.
4) Remove the beef with a slotted spoon and keep aside.
5) In the same casserole, add 1 1/2 cups red wine, beef broth, tomato paste, salt, garlic, marjoram, parsley and bay leaf and bring to a boil.
6) In a bowl, whisk the flour and 1/2 cup wine together and stir into the casserole.
7) Then stir the beef, bacon and vegetables into the casserole.
8) Cover and bake in the preheated oven for 1 1/2 to 2 hours until the beef is tender.
9) Serve the Sirloin Beef Tips in Red Wine straight from the casserole.