- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sing Chikki or Gachak or Peanut Chikki or Mumfali Chikki (Peanut Bar or Brittle) Recipe Video
|Raw peanuts||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Red skin peanuts used)|
|Jaggery||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cardamom powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Calories 180 Calories from Fat 90
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.6%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 15.8 mg0.7%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.6%
Sugars 14.3 g
Protein 6 g11.5%
Vitamin A Vitamin C 0.04%
Calcium 3.4% Iron 7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. Mortar and pestle - to pound the peanuts to split them.
2. A rectangular baking tray (you can use square as well)
1. Heat pan and roast raw peanuts (red skin peanuts) till the skin starts to separate from the nuts. Roast on a low or medium heat.
2. Once done, take off the heat and let it cool completely. After its cooled, put them all into a kitchen towel and rub slightly on the outside to separate all the skin completely form the nuts.
3. Using a mortar and pestle, pound lightly in batches to split the peanuts.
4. Heat a pan on medium to low temperature, add 2 tablespoons of water and bring it to a boil.
5. When it starts boiling, add the jaggery and melt it. (If you are using hard jaggery, shred it and add it)
6. Cook the jaggery, stirring continuously till it starts bubbling.
7. Once the jaggery starts bubbling, cook it a little more, while continuously stirring it. Be careful not to burn it.
8. Add cardamom powder, and the split peanuts. Stir well.
9. After a minute, remove them on to the baking tray. When warm, make cuts in it so that it would leave a mark when cooled so as to break individual pieces from it.
10. Serve as a snack or this can be served as a dessert as well.
The baking tray used in the recipe video is un-greased. If the tray you are using needs to be greased, use ghee (clarified butter) for greasing.