- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Moist and Chunky Snicker Pound Cake Recipe Video
|Snickers bars||6 , coarsely chopped|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), divided|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Baking soda||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|For the icing:|
|Snickers bars||4 , coarsely chopped|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 522 Calories from Fat 219
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37.6%
Saturated Fat 12.4 g62.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 93.9 mg
Sodium 304 mg12.7%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.6%
Sugars 52 g
Protein 7 g13.1%
Vitamin A 9.9% Vitamin C 0.22%
Calcium 5.6% Iron 7.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
To Make The Cake:
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a tube cake pan (or bundt).
2) In a double boiler, melt candy with 1/3 cup sour cream until smooth and set aside.
3) In a food processor, blend butter, sugar and eggs along with flour, baking soda and salt.
4) Mix in the remaining 2/3 cups of sour cream, vanilla extract and melted candy mixture.
5) Pour batter in the pan and bake 55 - 60 minutes, or until done.
6) Allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing cake to a cooling rack.
To make the icing:
7) In a double boiler, place chopped candy along with butter and milk.
8) Stir until melted and smooth. Mix in extract and powdered sugar.
9) Place cake on a pretty platter and spoon icing over so it runs down the sides and allow the icing to dry.
20)Serve after the icing sets and enjoy!!