- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Simply Squisito Sole Recipe
|Extra light olive oil||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Fresh sole fillets||24 Ounce (Four Fillets,6-Ounce/170 Gm Each)|
|Salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon, freshly ground|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Fish stock||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Very Clear)|
|Red potatoes||8 Small, steamed until tender|
|Green beans||8 Ounce (227 Gm)|
|Saffron||1⁄16 Teaspoon, powdered|
|Dill weed||1 Teaspoon, chopped (Fresh, Not The Stalks)|
|Arrowroot||15 Milliliter, mixed with 2 tablespoons reserved fish stock (30 ml) (1 Tablespoon)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Teaspoon, freshly squeezed(2.5 ml)|
|Sesame oil||1⁄4 Milliliter (1 Dash)|
Calories 282 Calories from Fat 31
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g5.3%
Saturated Fat 0.78 g3.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 82.8 mg
Sodium 448 mg18.7%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.9%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 38 g76.6%
Vitamin A 2.8% Vitamin C 38.6%
Calcium 7.2% Iron 11.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat broiler.
2) In the bottom of a steamer pot, pour a small amount of water and bring to a boil.
3) Arrange the potatoes in the first rack and insert in the pot.
4) Steam the potatoes, covered for 10 minutes.
5) Arrange beans on the second rack and steam both for 5 minutes more until done.
6) In a medium-sized skillet, bring fish stock to a boil and simmer for about 5 minutes to reduce by half to 1 cup (236 ml).
7) Take it off from heat.
8) In the meantime, pop the fish under the broiler to cook for about 5 minutes until tender.
9) Mix in saffron, dill and arrowroot slurry.
10) Place the mixture back to medium heat and stir until thickened.
11) Add in lemon juice and the remaining salt and pepper, mixing well.
12) Take 4 dinner plates and divide the fish and steamed vegetables among them and coat liberally with the sauce.
13) Serve hot at once.