- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Simply Salad Recipe Video
|Baby spinach||1 Cup (16 tbs) (fresh and organic)|
|Red lettuce||1 Cup (16 tbs) (fresh and organic)|
|Arugula||1 Cup (16 tbs) (fresh and organic)|
|Italian parsley||1 Cup (16 tbs) (fresh and organic)|
|Japanese cucumber||1 Large|
|Radishes||200 Bunch (20000 gm)|
|Cherry tomatoes/Grape tomatoes||200 Gram, washed, halved|
Calories 704 Calories from Fat 34
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.2%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1463.7 mg61%
Total Carbohydrates 155 g51.5%
Dietary Fiber 69.4 g277.7%
Sugars 78.5 g
Protein 28 g56%
Vitamin A 84.5% Vitamin C 958.3%
Calcium 93.3% Iron 82.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pick or tear the leafy greens into bite size pieces.
2. Wash them thoroughly and drain. Use a salad spinner if you have one, to get rid of all the moisture and dry up the leafy greens. Place them in an air tight container and store in the refrigerator.
3. Wash the remaining veggies. Peel and shred the carrot, jicama, radishes and beet.
4. Dice the cucumber finely, along with the skin.
5. Store the shredded veggies and diced cucumber in another large airtight container.
6. Squeeze lemon juice over them to keep them fresh and crisp. Cover and store in the refrigerator.
7. In a large salad bowl, toss together the leafy greens and shredded veggies.
8. Add the cherry/grape tomatoes
9. You can dress the salad with any salad dressing of your choice or just serve it fresh and crisp without a dressing.
You can add any other seasonal fresh and raw vegetable of your liking to the salad.