- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Simply Ratatouille Recipe Video
|Pasta sauce||52 Ounce (2 (26 ounce) jars)|
|Onion||1 Large, diced|
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm), diced|
|Green peppers||2 Medium, diced|
|Eggplant||1 Large, diced|
|Zucchini||2 Medium, diced|
|Basil leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Parmesan/Romano cheese blend||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic salt||1 Pinch|
|Cracked black pepper||1 Pinch|
Calories 279 Calories from Fat 115
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20%
Saturated Fat 3.5 g17.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 11.3 mg
Sodium 605.6 mg25.2%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.7%
Dietary Fiber 7.3 g29.1%
Sugars 10.7 g
Protein 9 g17.5%
Vitamin A 8.9% Vitamin C 95.3%
Calcium 24% Iron 5.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pot of boiling water, add in eggplant, zucchini, and green pepper and cook until al dente.
2. Drain vegetables and place back in empty pot. Pour in a jar of your favorite pasta sauce. Simmer on stove top on low heat.
3. In a skillet on the stove top, add in olive oil, onions and garlic. Saute until light brown.
4. Add in the onion and garlic mixture to the pot of vegetables and tomato sauce.
5. Add in red wine, fresh basil leaves and cheese. Stir.
6. Add in garlic salt & pepper to taste.
7. Simmer over low heat for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally and/or until veggies are soft (but not too mushy!)
8. Serve hot or cold! This dish goes great on top of our favourite pasta.
9. It’s also a great side dish to accompany meat, chicken and/or fish.
10. It’s simply delicious over brown or white rice too! Once, cooked this dish can also be served cold!