- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Simply Delicious Homemade Applesauce Delight Recipe Video
|Apples||5 Medium, peeled and diced|
|Walnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Cinnamon powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Whipped cream topping||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Optional)|
Calories 163 Calories from Fat 55
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.7%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 13.8 mg
Sodium 4.6 mg0.2%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.3%
Dietary Fiber 5.9 g23.5%
Sugars 19 g
Protein 1 g2.3%
Vitamin A 1.6% Vitamin C 13.6%
Calcium 6.7% Iron 3.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Fill a medium size boiling pot half way with water. Bring water to a boil.
2. Boil apples until they are tender (al dente - firm, not too soft).
3. Pour apples and water into a strainer, drain out water.
4. Place cooked apples in a large bowl. With a potato masher, mash apples so they are a bit mushy, but still chunky.
5. Add lemon juice. Stir.
6. Add in cinnamon, walnuts, brown sugar and Frangelico or Amaretto. Mix.
7. Serve applesauce in a pretty dish, cup or glass.
8. You could also top it with whipped cream if you like.