- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chinese Cooking: How to Cook & Steam Live Blue Crabs Recipe Video
|For steaming the crabs|
|Live blue crabs||4 Medium|
|Hot water||3 Cup (48 tbs) (As needed)|
|For the sauce|
|Fresh grated ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Dark vinegar used, as needed to taste)|
Calories 395 Calories from Fat 44
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.5%
Saturated Fat 1 g5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 351 mg
Sodium 1327.9 mg55.3%
Total Carbohydrates 0.41 g0.14%
Dietary Fiber 0.02 g0.1%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 81 g162.6%
Vitamin A 0.5% Vitamin C 22.6%
Calcium 40.7% Iron 18.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place the live blue crabs in a large bowl.
2. Pour hot water in the pot (about an inch high), and further place the bowl inside the pot as shown in the video. (Use a rack to place the bowl inside the pot, if needed).
3. Cover and steam on high heat for about 10 minutes.
To prepare the sauce:
4. In a small bowl, place grated ginger and pour some dark vinegar over it. The sauce is ready.
5. Serve the steamed crabs with the prepared dipping sauce.