- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Simple Vegetable Fried Rice Recipe
|Long grain rice basmati rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Spring onions||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Broccoli florets||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Green peas||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Red chili sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Pepper powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 713 Calories from Fat 239
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.7%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g18.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 991.8 mg41.3%
Total Carbohydrates 107 g35.8%
Dietary Fiber 17.4 g69.6%
Sugars 20.8 g
Protein 16 g31.8%
Vitamin A 103.8% Vitamin C 376.7%
Calcium 28.6% Iron 25%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan and add onions and saute till golden brown.
3. Add all the vegetables (except spring onions) and stir fry for around 5-7 minutes till it becomes crispy.
4. Add the spring onions, salt, ajinomoto and sauces and stir for a few minutes and keep aside. Add more chilly sauce if you like the Fried Rice to be spicy.
5. Heat a wok or Frying Pan and add 2 tbsps of oil.
6. Add the cooked rice and stir-fry for a few minutes.
7. Stir in the cooked vegetables and sauces and combine the rice and vegetables gently, till the rice is evenly coated. You can sprinkle some pepper powder at the end.
8. The Fried Rice is ready to be served hot.
If you want to reduce the amount of oil, you can skip steps 5 and 6. Instead add the boiled rice, directly to the cooked vegetables and mix gently.
Please visit my site http://malayali.me for more such recipes!