- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Simple Supper Spinach Pie Recipe
|Spinach||2 Bunch (200 gm)|
|Eggs||3 Large (Pignolia)|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Cottage cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Small, minced|
|Mushrooms||12 , chopped|
|Grated cheese||1⁄4 Pound, crumbled|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Pepper||To Taste (Homemade Or Canned)|
Calories 353 Calories from Fat 135
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.5%
Saturated Fat 7.3 g36.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 194.9 mg
Sodium 1002.9 mg41.8%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g9.9%
Sugars 7.1 g
Protein 34 g67.2%
Vitamin A 101.6% Vitamin C 29.1%
Calcium 50.3% Iron 20.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven moderately to 350 degrees.
2) Chop spinach leaves into large bite size pieces.
3) Grease a deep-dish pie pan or shallow casserole dish with butter.
4) In a heavy pan or skillet with a lid heat small amount of water and blanch spinach leaves in it.
5) Steam covered over medium heat for 2 or 3 minutes till leaves are wilted.
6) Take off the lead, drain and keep aside to cool.
7) In a large bowl, beat the eggs lightly and gently beat in the flour.
8) Add the cottage cheese, onion, mushrooms, spinach and cheese.
9) Stir in cumin.
10) Add salt and pepper to taste.
11) Stir to mix the contents well and pour into the prepared pan.
12) Bake for 50 minutes. The mixture will start bubbling but continue to bake till it is browned on top.
13) Take off from oven and cool for 15 minutes before serving.
14) Serve warm.