- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe Video
|Smoky bacon||3 1⁄2 Ounce, mince|
|Ground beef||250 Gram|
|Ground pork||250 Gram|
|Onion||1 Medium, mince|
|Celery stalk||1 Medium, mince|
|Carrot||1 Medium, mince|
|Tomato paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Whole milk||100 Milliliter (Optional)|
|Red wine||100 Milliliter|
|Beef stock||250 Milliliter, divided|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Spaghetti||10 1⁄2 Ounce (3.5 ounce for 3 serving)|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 1242 Calories from Fat 678
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 76 g117.5%
Saturated Fat 28.4 g142.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 175 mg
Sodium 697.3 mg29.1%
Total Carbohydrates 89 g29.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g9.9%
Sugars 7.8 g
Protein 52 g104.2%
Vitamin A 94% Vitamin C 16.1%
Calcium 19.2% Iron 33.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedLarge pan
1. Mince the onions, carrots and celery, set aside.
2. In a large pot add the butter and olive oil and sauté the vegetables until soft.
3. In the meantime, cut the bacon into small pieces; once the vegetables are soft add the bacon.
4. Sauté for few minutes and then add the ground beef and pork, brown the meat well.
5. Once the meat is cooked add the red wine and cook until the wine is well incorporated.
6. Once the wine has been absorbed add the tomato paste, little beef stock and season with salt, mix well.
7. On low heat simmer the ragu for 1 ½ hour, occasionally stirring and adding beef stock if needed.
8. Towards the end of the cooking time add the milk and let it absorbed completely, adjust the seasoning as per taste.
9. In the meantime boil the spaghetti is salted water until al dente.
10. Once done drain and add the spaghetti to the ragu sauce and mix everything well.
11. Serve the spaghetti Bolognese with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.