- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Simple Peanut Sweet Recipe Video
|Roasted skinless peanuts||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Whole)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Corn syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cardamom powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Nutmeg powder||1 Pinch|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2218 Calories from Fat 992
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 118 g182.3%
Saturated Fat 16.6 g82.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 294.6 mg12.3%
Total Carbohydrates 266 g88.5%
Dietary Fiber 20.9 g83.5%
Sugars 152.9 g
Protein 62 g124.2%
Vitamin A 0.01% Vitamin C 0.47%
Calcium 25.7% Iron 65.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Dry roast peanuts and remove its peels.
2) In a sauce pan mix sugar and water together and bring it to boil.
3) Add corn syrup, mix and again cook until it gets light golden color.
4) Add cardamom powder, nutmeg powder and mix well.
5) Add roasted peanuts, mix well.
6) Pour the mixture on to greased plate and spread out evenly using rolling pin.
7) Use a knife or pizza cutter to cut chikki in to any desired shape.
8) Allow it to cool down for a while.
9) After 20 minutes separate the chikki pieces from the tray.
10) Serve and enjoy the sweet.
If corn syrup is not available then use 1/2 cup of sugar more.
Substitute peanuts using any other nut of your choice like almond, cashew nut.