- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Betty's Italian Bread with Cheese Topping Recipe Video
|Mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely grated|
|Garlic clove||1 , finely minced|
|Cheddar cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely shredded|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Italian bread loaf||16 Ounce|
Calories 289 Calories from Fat 138
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.8%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 18.1 mg6%
Sodium 483.2 mg20.1%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.4%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 8 g15.4%
Vitamin A 2.9% Vitamin C 0.41%
Calcium 12.2% Iron 9.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Slice the bread lengthwise into half and place it cut side up in a shallow baking pan.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise, grated Parmesan cheese, minced garlic, cheddar cheese, milk, and paprika. Mix to combine.
3. Pop bread in the oven and broil for about 1-2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
4. Spread cheese mixture evenly on top and broil further for about 1 or 2 minutes or until cheese mixture is melted and is beginning to brown.
5. Remove from the oven and place it on a large serving platter.
6. Cut into serving size pieces and serve.