- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Simple Homemade Bread Recipe Video
|Lukewarm water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Dry yeast||2 Teaspoon|
|Plain flour||500 Gram (or 3.3 cups)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Poppy seeds||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 490 Calories from Fat 20
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.7%
Saturated Fat 0.55 g2.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 489.8 mg20.4%
Total Carbohydrates 106 g35.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.1%
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 9 g17.3%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0.06%
Calcium 3.5% Iron 5.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Grease a baking dish with cooking spray and set it aside.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degree F or 200 degree C.
3. In a bowl, mix together warm water and dry yeast. Stir and set it aside for 10 minutes.
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, sugar, honey, and water mixture. Mix well.
5. On counter top, sprinkle flour and transfer dough on it. Knead well.
6. Into a bowl, put the dough and cover it with a plastic. Let it rest for an hour.
7. After an hour knead the dough again, and put it the baking dish. Flatten the dough and sprinkle poppy seeds on top.
8. Cover the dish with damp cloth and let it rest and rise for 30 minutes.
9. Place the pan in oven and bake for 30 minutes. Transfer bread to a wire rack. Let it cool.
10. Cut into slices and serve bread as desired