- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Simple Home Made Paneer Recipe Video
|Milk||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Hot water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 207 Calories from Fat 99
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17%
Saturated Fat 6.3 g31.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 33.9 mg
Sodium 137.2 mg5.7%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.06 g0.24%
Sugars 18.2 g
Protein 11 g21.9%
Vitamin A 7% Vitamin C 11.7%
Calcium 38.5% Iron 0.59%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedHeavy bottomed pan
1. Mix lemon juice in half cup of hot water and put aside.
2. Boil the milk in a heavy bottomed pan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, making sure not to burn milk.
3. As the milk comes to a boil, add the lemon juice gradually and stir the milk gently. The curd will start separating from the whey, turn off the heat.
4. Once the milk fat has separated from the whey, drain the whey using a strainer lined with cheesecloth, or muslin cloth.
5. Wrap the curd in a muslin cloth, rinse under cold water, and squeeze well. This process takes out the sourness of the lemon.
6. To take out the excess water, press the wrapped paneer under a heavy pan for about 1 hour.
7. Use the paneer to make curries, sandwiches, and parathas.