- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Betty's Savory Feta Cheese Spread Recipe Video
|Feta cheese||4 Ounce, crumbled (at room temperature)|
|Cream cheese||4 Ounce, softened (fat free or regular)|
|Dried basil||1⁄2 Tablespoon (or to taste)|
|Dried chives||1⁄2 Tablespoon (or to taste)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Balsamic vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Slivered almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped small and toasted|
|Butter||1⁄2 Teaspoon (or less for toasting almonds)|
Calories 176 Calories from Fat 138
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24%
Saturated Fat 7 g35.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 38.5 mg
Sodium 273.5 mg11.4%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.5%
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 5 g10.4%
Vitamin A 26% Vitamin C 15%
Calcium 16.1% Iron 6.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Toast chopped slivered almonds in butter and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine feta cheese, cream cheese, dried basil, and dried chives.
3. Add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and toasted almonds. Blend until smooth.
4. Transfer it to a nice serving bowl.
5. Serve with Italian-Style Bagel Crisps.
You may cover any leftover spread and store it in the refrigerator for up to a week.