- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Simple Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
|Chicken||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked and chopped fine|
|Mixed vegetables||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), cooked (Carrots, Green Peas Etc.)|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Onion||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Seasoned croutons||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
Calories 281 Calories from Fat 110
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.8%
Saturated Fat 4.3 g21.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 56 mg
Sodium 214.3 mg8.9%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.5%
Sugars 8.8 g
Protein 20 g39.6%
Vitamin A 25.5% Vitamin C 5.4%
Calcium 13.2% Iron 4.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a glass bowl combine milk, onion and pepper to form a gravy mix.
2) Place the glass bowl in the microwave and cook on high power for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently.
3) In a casserole dish, combine chicken, vegetables and the thick gravy.
4) Cook on high for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5) Add croutons to the casserole and cook again on high power for 2 to 3 minutes.
6) Let the dish remain in the microwave covered for 5 minutes.
7) Serve hot with fresh vegetable or fruit salad.