- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Banana Cheesecake Recipe Video
|Graham crackers||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), crushed|
|Walnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
|Melted butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|For banana filling|
|Ripe banana||2 , peeled, chopped|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|For cream cheese filling|
|Cream cheese||24 Ounce (3 (8 ounce) pack)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla pudding/Whipped cream/ frosting||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Optional)|
|Ripe banana||1 , peeled, sliced (Optional)|
Calories 667 Calories from Fat 300
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52.9%
Saturated Fat 17.1 g85.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 149.9 mg50%
Sodium 835 mg34.8%
Total Carbohydrates 85 g28.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9%
Sugars 56.2 g
Protein 9 g18.1%
Vitamin A 21.8% Vitamin C 6.4%
Calcium 12.5% Iron 10.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line a spring form cake pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
3. In a food processor, crush the graham crackers and transfer it into a bowl.
4. In the food processor chop the walnuts finely and transfer them into the bowl with graham crackers.
5. Pour the melted butter and mix well with a spatula or put it in the food processor and blend till all are moist.
6. Put it into the prepared spring form pan and press gently to the bottom and sides.
7. Bake for around 15 minutes or till the crust turns brown. Remove from the oven and let it cool completely.
8. BANANA FILLING: Meanwhile, in a pan, add banana pieces, brown sugar and lemon juice.
9. On medium heat cook it for around 5 minutes or till the brown sugar melts. Turn off the heat and let it cool.
10. CREAM CHEESE FILLING: In a mixer add the cream cheese and beat for around 3 minutes or till it turns creamy. Add sugar and continue to beat till it is incorporated.
11. While continuing to beat, add the eggs one by one making sure each egg is incorporated before adding the next. Put vanilla extract and mix well till combined and the mixture is fluffy.
12. Take the cooled graham cracker crust and pour the cream cheese mixture into it. Spread evenly. Put the banana mixture into it and swirl using a spatula and spread.
13. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes or till the toothpick comes out clean.
14. Remove the cake from the oven carefully and let it cool for around 1 hour. Cover it with a plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight before serving.
15. Remove the cake from the spring form pan, decorate with vanilla pudding/ whipped cream/ frosting of choice and banana slices. Put it back in the fridge for around 1 hour before slicing.
16. In a serving plate, slice and serve the cake chilled.
If no pudding/ frosting/ whipped cream is being used for decoration, then the cake can be served as it is after 8 hours of chilling.