- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Betty's Simple and Tasty Salmon Cakes Recipe Video
|Canned pink salmon||15 3⁄4 Ounce, drained|
|Pink salmon||15 3⁄4 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Egg||2 , well beaten|
|Eggs||2 , well beaten|
|Dried onion||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Chopped dried onions||2 Tablespoon|
|Saltine cracker||1 13⁄100 Ounce, finely crushed|
|Saltine crackers||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), finely crushed (1/3 Inner Packet)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon (For Sauteing)|
Calories 582 Calories from Fat 205
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.1%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 297.4 mg
Sodium 1034.9 mg43.1%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.5%
Sugars 6 g
Protein 56 g111.5%
Vitamin A 7.5% Vitamin C 18.7%
Calcium 8% Iron 20.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a ziplock bag, place the crackers and crush using a rolling pin.
2. Drain salmon.
3. Cover a plate with paper towel.
4. In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, add salmon, dried onion, crushed saltine crackers and stir well the mix.
5. In a skillet, heat the olive oil, drop little the mixture and immediately flatten it and give a round shape. Repeat the process for all salmon cakes. Turn the cakes when done from one side. When done from both sides transfer to a plate covered with paper towel.
6. Transfer to a serving plate garnish with tomato slices and serve hot.