- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Betty's Simple and Savory Potato Cakes Recipe Video
|Cold mashed potatoes||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs) (or 1 prepared packet of instant mashed potatoes, any flavor--chilled)|
|Eggs||1 , well beaten|
|All purpose flour/Self rising flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped dried onions||2 Tablespoon|
|Snipped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon (or peanut oil, canola oil, etc)|
Calories 405 Calories from Fat 31
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g5.3%
Saturated Fat 0.63 g3.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 35.2 mg
Sodium 93.2 mg3.9%
Total Carbohydrates 87 g29.1%
Dietary Fiber 8.7 g34.8%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 11 g21%
Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C 70.9%
Calcium 2.2% Iron 4.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine mashed potatoes, beaten egg, flour, dried onions and parsley. Mix well.
2. Place a skillet on flame and heat olive oil in it. Watch the oil very carefully, and do not let it smoke.
3. Spoon a portion of the potato mixture into the hot oil until you fill the skillet. The oil should be hot enough for the cakes to sizzle nicely.
4. Smooth out each potato cake roughly into a circular shape. Cook until nice and brown. Flip and cook on the other side until done.
5. Remove cakes from the skillet and place them on paper towel to drain.
6. Garnish with parsley and serve hot.