- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Simple and Elegant Peanut Butter Pudding Recipe Video
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Half-and-half||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Peanut butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Whipping cream||1 Pint (sweetened with 1/6 cup sugar)|
|Banana chips||50 Gram, crumbled|
Calories 629 Calories from Fat 413
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 47 g72.3%
Saturated Fat 23.5 g117.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 123.7 mg
Sodium 284.4 mg11.8%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.8%
Sugars 26.7 g
Protein 9 g18.4%
Vitamin A 1.9% Vitamin C 0.15%
Calcium 13.8% Iron 4.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a medium-sized heavy saucepan, combine ½ cup sugar, 2 tablespoons cornstarch, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Gradually whisk in 1 ½ cups milk and ½ cup half-and-half.
2. Place saucepan over medium heat and bring mixture to a boil, whisking constantly. When the mixture boils, reduce heat to low and boil for one minute, whisking constantly.
3. Remove from heat, and whisk in ¾ cup peanut butter and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Keep whisking until pudding is smooth.
4. Pour completed Simple and Elegant Peanut Butter Pudding into a nice serving bowl. Cover with plastic wrap, placing the plastic wrap right on top of the pudding to seal.
5. Chill for 2 hours before serving.
6. When ready to serve, remove plastic wrap, and spoon a generous serving into a dessert bowl.
7. Top with sweetened whipped cream and sprinkle some dried banana crumbs over the top. T
his is a gorgeous dessert, and it tastes YUM! I hope you enjoy it! Love, Betty