- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Steak with Onion Sauce Recipe Video
|Beef sirloin steak||1 (Cross Rib Blade Round)|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Chopped onions||2 Tablespoon, or diced|
|Beef broth||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Red bell peppers||1⁄4 , sliced|
Calories 1541 Calories from Fat 895
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 100 g153.3%
Saturated Fat 34.1 g170.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 282 mg
Sodium 924.3 mg38.5%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.2%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 127 g254.9%
Vitamin A 14.1% Vitamin C 41%
Calcium 16.8% Iron 60.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
• Place the steak on the plate and coat it with flour mix nicely.
• Place a skillet over medium heat and pour the olive oil in it.
• After the oil has heated up, place the steak in the skillet and the steak brown nicely on both the sides. Flip the steak when one side is done and let the other side brown nicely.
• Remove the steak after this and put the onions and mushrooms in the skillet to pan fry them. Fry them for about a minute without changing the heat.
• Next pour the beef broth in and put the steak back in the skillet.
• Flip and stir the contents of the skillet to get them to settle nicely.
• Set the heat to medium low and cover the skillet with a lid to let it simmer for an hour.
• After an hour put the bell peppers in and turn the heat on to medium high until the broth thickens. This should take approximately 2 minutes.
• You beef steak with red bell peppers is now ready to serve.
You can serve the simmering beef steak with rice, potatoes or even something more special like couscous or wild rice. Enjoy!