- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Simmered Mushroom Trio with Garlic Crostini Recipe
|Dried porcini mushrooms||1 Teaspoon, broken into small pieces|
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1⁄2 Medium, chopped|
|All purpose flour||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped|
|Assorted mushrooms||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), sliced (May Include Crimini, Shiitake, Oyster, Portabella Or Any Other Local Mushrooms)|
|Italian seasoning||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken stock||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Basic)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), cut in half|
|Baguette||1⁄2 , cut into thin slices|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon (For Drizzling)|
Calories 197 Calories from Fat 72
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.6%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.45 mg
Sodium 272 mg11.3%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g7.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.6%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 5 g10.3%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 6.6%
Calcium 1.4% Iron 3.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. In a medium sauté pan heat the olive oil over medium-high heat, add the onions and sauté for approximately 5 minutes, or until soft. Add the flour, stirring to coat the onions, and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add the chopped garlic and sauté another 30 seconds. Add the assorted mushrooms and Italian seasoning and cook for 10 minutes.
4. Add the stock and wine with soaked mushrooms, and continue to cook another 5 minutes, until most of the liquid has evaporated.
5. Rub the cut garlic clove on one side of each baguette slice. Toast the slices under the broiler for 5 minutes, or until slightly crisp and just browned. Place on individual plates, and drizzle with olive oil.
6. Pour the mushroom mixture on top of the bread slices, and serve.
For more seasonal recipes like this, you can purchase Cooking Close to Home: A Year of Seasonal Recipes by clicking here.