- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Decadent Chocolate Tart with Hazelnut Crust Recipe Video
|For the crust:|
|Graham cracker||1 Cup (16 tbs), ground|
|Hazelnuts||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), toasted and ground|
|Cocoa powder||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Icing sugar||4 Tablespoon|
|Unsalted butter||5 Tablespoon, melt|
|For the filling:|
|Heavy cream||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Bittersweet chocolate||250 Gram, chop (no more than 65% cacao)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Tablespoon|
|For the glaze:|
|Heavy cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Bittersweet chocolate||55 Gram|
|Honey/Light corn syrup||1 Tablespoon|
|Warm water||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5382 Calories from Fat 3262
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 378 g582.3%
Saturated Fat 185.1 g925.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1036.4 mg345.5%
Sodium 2259.7 mg94.2%
Total Carbohydrates 512 g170.6%
Dietary Fiber 55.6 g222.5%
Sugars 299.4 g
Protein 75 g150.7%
Vitamin A 144.7% Vitamin C 14.3%
Calcium 73.5% Iron 180.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Roast the hazelnuts and remove the skin. Then, grind them in a food processor.
3. For the crust: In a bowl, add the ground graham cracker mix, ground hazelnut, confectionery sugar, cocoa powder and melted butter and combine. To test if the consistency is right, take some of the mix and shape with your hand. If the shape stays, your mix is right.
4. Spread the mix over a springfoam and press down. Pop into the oven for 10 minutes.
5. For the filling: Bring the heavy cream to a boil and pour over a bowl of the chopped chocolate. Let it rest for 5 minutes and then mix.
6. Add the eggs and whisk until smooth.
7. Add the vanilla extract and salt and combine.
8. Pour the mix over the baked crust and bake for 20-25 minutes.
9. Once done, let it cool for an hour.
10. For the glaze: Bring the heavy cream to a boil and pour into a bowl of the chopped chocolate and let it rest for 5 minutes.
11. Then, stir until smooth. Add the honey and warm water and mix well.
12. Pour the glaze over the cooled tart and rotate the vessel to coat the top evenly. Don't use a spoon.
13. Slice, plate and serve.