- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rosalie's Silcilian Pizza on Pgs 112 + 114 of Rosalie Servin Recipe Video
|For the pizza dough|
|Flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Warm water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|For the non- veg pizza topping|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon (For greasing)|
|Sausages||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Marinara sauce||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Peperoni||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), slice|
|Red onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), slice|
|Red pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), slice|
|Dried basil||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dried oregano||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Parmigianino cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Provolone cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Red pepper flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|For the vegetarian topping|
|Marinara sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs) (veg)|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Centiliter, slice|
|Black olives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Broccoli florets||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Roma tomatoes||1 Small, slice|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 394 Calories from Fat 193
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.2%
Saturated Fat 8.3 g41.3%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 50.7 mg
Sodium 881.6 mg36.7%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.7%
Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 17 g34.5%
Vitamin A 10.6% Vitamin C 16.5%
Calcium 15.9% Iron 12.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedOven
1. In a small bowl combine the yeast and the warm water, stir and let it rise.
2. In bowl combine the flour and salt, once mixed well add the flour in the stand mixer bowl and slowly keep adding the yeast mixture.
3. Blend for 5 minutes and form smooth and smoth dough once done coat the dough in olive oil and cover place it in the stand mixer bowl cover with a cloth and let it rise for 90 minutes.
4. Slice the red onion, mushrooms, red pepper and roma tomatoes, keep it aside.
5. Preheat the oven at 425 - 450 F, before preparing the vegetarian pizza.
6. After 90 minutes spread some 1 tablespoon cornmeal on the pizza stone and then transfer the dough on a pizza stone and roll out the dough to the size of the pizza stone.
7. If you want the traditional Sicilian crust then let the rolled dough rise for 30-40 minute for a thicker crust.
8. Once done brush olive oil to the entire rolled pizza dough and then spread the sausages evenly over the pizza and the followed by 1 ½ cup of the marinara sauce.
9. Spread the sauce evenly, and then place the peperoni all over the pizza.
10. Add the mushrooms, red onion and red pepper followed by dried basil and dried oregano.
11. Add both the cheese on top and let it rest or rise.
12. Start on the vegetarian pizza by spreading some 1 tablespoon cornmeal on the pizza stone and then transfer the dough on a pizza stone and roll out the dough to the size of the pizza stone.
13. Once done brush olive oil to the entire rolled pizza dough and then spread the vegetarian marinara sauce then add the ¼ cup of pamegiono cheese followed bythe mushrooms, red onion, red pepper, black olive and broccoli.
14. Sprinkle dried oregano and basil, top it with the shredded provolone cheese and the remaining ¼ cup of parmigiono cheese, sprinkle red pepper flakes.
15. Once done bake it in a preheated oven for 12-15 minutes.
16. Remove from the oven and let it cool for some time before slicing.
17. Serve the silcilian pizza hot.