- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sicilian Pasta Recipe
|Thin spaghetti||1 Pound (Very Thin)|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), peeled and finely minced|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), soaked in marsala|
|Anchovy fillets||18 , finely chopped|
|Pine nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3469 Calories from Fat 1500
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 170 g261.7%
Saturated Fat 18.3 g91.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 57.1 mg
Sodium 4215.8 mg175.7%
Total Carbohydrates 423 g141%
Dietary Fiber 23.1 g92.4%
Sugars 72.4 g
Protein 77 g154.2%
Vitamin A 25.7% Vitamin C 48%
Calcium 30.4% Iron 40.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In boiling salted water, cook the spaghetti till it is tender enough to bite. Ensure that it is not overcooked.
2) Drain the cooked spaghetti properly and keep it hot.
3) In the oil, saute the garlic for about 2 minutes.
4) Add all the remaining ingredients and toss briskly to just heat properly.
5) Serve the spaghetti hot after topping with the sauce, without the cheese.