- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sicilian Breaded Ribeye with Balsamic Sauteed Mushrooms Recipe Video
|Plain bread crumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dry oregano||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry thyme||1 Tablespoon|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, dry|
|Onion powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Granulated garlic||2 Teaspoon|
|Kosher salt||2 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||2 Teaspoon|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), freshly grated|
|Rib eye steak||12 Ounce|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Portobello mushroom||2 Large, gills and stem removed and sliced thin|
|Balsamic vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Unsalted butter||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 514 Calories from Fat 228
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40%
Saturated Fat 8.5 g42.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 54.9 mg
Sodium 4627.2 mg192.8%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.2%
Dietary Fiber 7.8 g31.2%
Sugars 7.9 g
Protein 35 g70.1%
Vitamin A 29.9% Vitamin C 32.6%
Calcium 47.2% Iron 73.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a medium sized bowl, mix together plain bread crumbs, dry oregano, dry thyme, dry parsleym dry onion, powder, granulated garlic, kosher salt, pepper and parmesan cheese.
3. Place the rib eye steak over a work surface and rub with 1 tablespoon of olive oil on all sides.
4. Add 1 cup of herb crumbs and spread over to completely coast the rib eye and save the remaining for another dish.
5. In a large skillet, heat a tablespoon of olive oil on high heat and brown the breaded steak on both sides.
6. Pop the caramelized steak in the oven and bake 10 minutes.
7. In the meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil on high heat and caramelize the portabello mushrooms.
8. Once the mushrooms are brown, add the balsamic vinegar to deglaze. Adjust seasonings with salt, pepper, parsley and butter.
9. In a plate, serve the steak and spoon sauce over it and serve.