- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Moroccan Shrimp with Red Pepper Sauce Recipe Video
|Jumbo shrimp||20 Large, peeled, deveined|
|Red bell pepper||3 , seeded|
|Pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Cilantro||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
Calories 540 Calories from Fat 190
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.8%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g16.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 506.6 mg
Sodium 831.2 mg34.6%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.6%
Sugars 5.4 g
Protein 70 g139.2%
Vitamin A 94% Vitamin C 308.7%
Calcium 21% Iron 51.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Slice the red peppers and grate them from the inside. Discard the red peppers skin.
2. Carve the lemon halfway using small diagonal cuts to form 2 flowers. Set aside.
3. In a pan on medium heat, drizzle the olive oil and cook the shrimp for 5 minutes. Remove the shrimp from the pan.
4. In the same pan, saute the minced garlic. Add the grated red peppers and season with salt, pepper and bay leaves. Let it cook for 3 minutes.
5. Return the shrimp back to the pan and cook them in the sauce for around 10 minutes. Turn off the heat.
6. In a serving plate, serve the shrimp with the lemon halves and garnished with chopped cilantro.