- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Shrimp & sausage jambalaya Recipe
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped onions||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chopped green bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Medium shrimp||1⁄2 Pound (Peeled And Deveined)|
|Smoked sausage||1⁄2 Pound, smoked|
|Canned chopped tomato||14 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Chopped garlic||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Long grain white rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Barbecue sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Green Variety)|
Calories 318 Calories from Fat 92
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.8%
Saturated Fat 0.62 g3.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 87.3 mg29.1%
Sodium 762.3 mg31.8%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.3%
Sugars 4.8 g
Protein 17 g34.9%
Vitamin A 18.6% Vitamin C 36.9%
Calcium 8.3% Iron 16.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Add onion, bell pepper and celery and saute for 7 to 8 minutes.
3. Add the shrimp and bay leaves and cook until the shrimp turn pink, about 2 minutes.
4. Add the sausage and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Add tomatoes (with juice), garlic, salt, cayenne, pepper and thyme. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring often.
6. Add the rice and stir to mix.
7. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 30 minutes, or until the rice is done and liquid is absorbed.
8. Stir in barbecue sauce.
9. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
10. Remove the bay leaves.
11. Stir in green onions.