- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Flavorful Homemade Shrimp Salad Recipe Video
|Shrimp||2 Pound, peeled and deveined|
|Onion||1 Medium, peeled and cut into quarters|
|Celery||3 Medium, cut into small pieces (stalks)|
|Sea salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Lemon juice/Lime juice||1 Tablespoon (to taste)|
|Cayenne pepper/Old bay seasoning||1 Teaspoon (or Liquid Shrimp & Crab Boil, use to taste)|
|Bay leaf||3 Medium|
Calories 182 Calories from Fat 26
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.4%
Saturated Fat 0.56 g2.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 229.8 mg76.6%
Sodium 497.5 mg20.7%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.1%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 31 g62.8%
Vitamin A 14.8% Vitamin C 13.7%
Calcium 10% Iron 22.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a 6 quart pot or larger, fill with water leaving several inches to allow for all the ingredients.
2) Add in all the ingredients except the shrimp.
3) Bring water to a rolling boil.
4) Add shrimp.
5) Boil about 5 minutes and then turn off the heat.
6) Let the cooked shrimp sit to soak up the flavor a few minutes.
7) Drain and run cold water over the shrimp to stop the cooking process and cool down faster for salad.
8) Set aside for a few minutes. Toss.
9) Serve the salad while it is still fresh and crisp. Makes a great appetizer. Can also be served as a side dish.
For more information please visit:http://www.cajuncookingtv.com
If you like this video, please remember to visit CajunCookingTV for more videos from Cajuncookingtv.