- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Shrimp in Garlic Butter Scampi Recipe
|Unshelled shrimp||2 Pound (Large Sized)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), crushed|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 459 Calories from Fat 237
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.3%
Saturated Fat 15.2 g76%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 405.2 mg
Sodium 826.8 mg34.4%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.36 g1.5%
Sugars 0.5 g
Protein 47 g93.9%
Vitamin A 29.3% Vitamin C 31.6%
Calcium 14.5% Iron 32.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Rinse shrimp; remove shells, leaving tails on. Devein (using a small, sharp knife, slit each shrimp down back; lift out sand vein).Wash under cold running water.
2. Drain; pat dry with paper towels.
3. Melt butter in shallow broiler pan, without rack, or 13-by-9-by-2-inch baking pan. Add salad oil, 2 tablespoons parsley, the garlic, salt, cayenne, and lemon juice; mix well.
4. Add shrimp, tossing lightly in butter mixture to coat well. Arrange in single layer in pan. Broil, 4 to 5 inches from heat, 5 minutes
5. Turn shrimp; broil 5 to 10 minutes longer, or until lightly browned. Using tongs, remove shrimp to heated serving platter.
6. Pour garlic mixture over all, and sprinkle shrimp with remaining chopped pars- ley.
7. Serve with lemon juice