- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Shrimp Chafing Discs Recipe
|Cream cheese||3 Ounce|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Celery salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|White bread loaf||1 Small|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 924 Calories from Fat 618
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 70 g107.7%
Saturated Fat 40.3 g201.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 535 mg
Sodium 1998 mg83.2%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.4%
Sugars 5.8 g
Protein 54 g107.8%
Vitamin A 93.2% Vitamin C 75.9%
Calcium 26.5% Iron 39.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Put the shrimps through meat grinder and process using a medium blade.
2) Take a bowl and combine cream cheese, chives, lemon juice, seasonings and horse-radish in it. Whip until mixture turns smooth.
3) Beat in ground shrimp.
4) Spread each slice of bread with mixture.
5) Roll and secure with toothpicks.
6) Wrap in wax paper or foil and store in refrigerator until chafing time.
7) Slice in discs of 1/2 inch thickness.
8) Take a blazer pan heat 2 tablespoons butter in it.
9) Fry the discs in small batches until delicate brown in color on both sides. Add butter as and when required.
10) Garnish with chopped parsley and serve immediately.