- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy Shrimp and Grits Recipe Video
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Grits||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Quick cooking)|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Shrimp||2 Pound, peeled and deveined|
|Lemon||1 , juice extracted|
|Tobasco sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Bacon slices||6 , cut into 1/8 inch squares|
|Onion||1 , finely diced|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Garlic cloves||2 , minced|
|Green onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tobasco sauce||1 Dash|
|Worcestershire sauce||To Taste|
Calories 751 Calories from Fat 273
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.8%
Saturated Fat 16.9 g84.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 430.8 mg
Sodium 929.6 mg38.7%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.5%
Dietary Fiber 4 g15.9%
Sugars 3.6 g
Protein 67 g133.5%
Vitamin A 39.3% Vitamin C 58.6%
Calcium 53.8% Iron 42.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large mixing bowl, place shrimps, drizzle lemon juice and tobasco sauce and toss to combine.
2. In a saucepan, boil water, add grits gradually, whisking constantly. Cook it on medium-low heat for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add butter, cheese and a dash of tosbasco sauce to the grits mixture.
4. In a heated skillet, transfer bacon, cook for about 5 minutes, until brown but not crisp. Add onion, red bell pepper, celery and garlic, saute for 5 to 10 minutes until nicely wilted.
5. Add green onion and flour, cook on medium low heat for another 5 minutes.
6. Pour in chicken stock, and cook further 5 minutes.
7. Add shrimp mixture and stir to incorporate. Season with Worcestershire sauce. Saute for another 4 to 5 minutes.
8. In serving plate, pour the grits mixture, top with the shrimp gravy and serve.