- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Shrimp With Lime Rings Recipe
|Lime flavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 Package)|
|Hot water||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Cream style cottage cheese||12 Ounce, drained (1 Carton, 1 1/2 Cups)|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Capers||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cleaned shrimp||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Cooked Or Canned)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1280 Calories from Fat 935
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 104 g159.8%
Saturated Fat 17.6 g88%
Trans Fat 0.5 g
Cholesterol 230.5 mg
Sodium 3279.2 mg136.6%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.18 g0.72%
Sugars 24 g
Protein 53 g106.3%
Vitamin A 18.8% Vitamin C 43.1%
Calcium 65.5% Iron 14.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large bowl, pour in some hot water
2. Tip in some gelatin and allow it to dissolve
3. Add lemon juice and salt to the gelatin and mix well
4. Chill till partially set.
5. When the gelatin is partially set, fold in the cottage cheese into the mix.
6. Pour the mix into 5-6 individual ring moulds
7. Allow to chill till set
8. Unmold the gelatin moulds onto lettuce leaves.
9. Fill the centers of the gelatin with mayonnaise.
10. Dot the filling and the gelatin moulds with capers.
11. Arrange the shrimp on the mould just before serving
12. Serve cold garnished with finely shredded chives