- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Shrimp Stuffed Artichoke Appetizers Recipe
|Water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Unpeeled medium shrimp||1 1⁄2 Pound (Use Fresh)|
|Italian reduced calorie salad dressing||8 Ounce (1 Bottle)|
|Chopped celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Minced fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Minced green onions||2 Tablespoon|
|Minced sweet pickle||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 232 Calories from Fat 42
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.2%
Saturated Fat 0.61 g3.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 174.6 mg
Sodium 371 mg15.5%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7.2%
Dietary Fiber 8.6 g34.3%
Sugars 5.4 g
Protein 28 g56.9%
Vitamin A 15.7% Vitamin C 63.3%
Calcium 15.4% Iron 31.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Prepare the artichokes by washing them in running cold water. Trim off the stem end and remove about 1/2 inch from top of each artichoke. Scrape away and loose bottom leaves. Use a scissor to cut off the fourth of each outer leaf. Then rub the vegetable with a lemon wedge to prevent discoloration.
2. In a large pan, boil the water and tip in the shrimp and boil on high heat. Then reduce heat and simmer 3 to 5 minutes. Drain and rinse again in cold water. Peel and devein shrimp.
3. Mix the shrimp with salad dressing, celery, green pepper, parsley, onions, capers and pickle in an airtight container to marinate overnight.
4. In a large Dutch oven, tip in the artichoke and cook in hot water with one inch of water. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30-45 minutes till the leaves are cooked through
5. Spread the leaves apart and then scrape out the fuzzy thistle center with a spoon and set aside to chill.
6. Stuff the shrimp mixture into the spread out leaves and serve at room temperature