- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cajun Seasoned Shrimp Stew Recipe Video
|Shrimp shell/Clam juice||200 Gram (for stock)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Cajun's choice cajun shrimp seasoning mix||25 Gram|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), chop|
|Onion||1 Medium, chop|
|Carrot||1 Medium, chop|
|Canned tomato||1 Can (10 oz), undrained|
|White wine||2 Tablespoon|
|Gourmet garden garlic paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Shrimp||200 Gram, raw, hulled|
|Gourmet garden basil paste||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 501 Calories from Fat 154
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28.3%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 152 mg50.7%
Sodium 1294.6 mg53.9%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g12%
Dietary Fiber 6.3 g25%
Sugars 8.9 g
Protein 42 g85%
Vitamin A 130.7% Vitamin C 158.7%
Calcium 15.9% Iron 26.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. For stock, place a pot over medium high heat, and pour olive oil in it.
2. Add shrimp shells and sauté for a minute. Pour water and simmer for about 4-5 minutes. Strain and keep it aside.
3. For stew, place a pot over medium high heat for about a minute, and pour olive oil in it.
4. Add celery, carrot, and onion to it. Sauté for about 2-3 minutes.
5. Pour stock and canned tomatoes to it. Then, stir in white wine, Cajun shrimp seasoning mix, and garlic paste. Mix well, cover it with lid and simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Throw shrimp and basil paste in pot. Stir, cover, and simmer for 3 minutes.
7. Serve shrimp stew with hot rice and a glass of wine.