- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Shrimp Scampi Recipe Video
|Unsalted butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Green onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Fresh parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Frozen shrimp/Fresh shrimp||1⁄2 Pound (peeled the shell)|
|White wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 381 Calories from Fat 308
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g53.8%
Saturated Fat 21.7 g108.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 200.7 mg
Sodium 135.4 mg5.6%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g1.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.57 g2.3%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 13 g26%
Vitamin A 34.5% Vitamin C 23.4%
Calcium 4.5% Iron 10.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan over medium heat, melt the butter.
2. Add green onion, garlic, and parsley to the pan. Cook for a couple of minutes.
3. Add the shrimp and cook for 3-5 minutes with constant stirring on low heat.
4. Remove the shrimp from the pan and transfer to a bowl. Leave the onion, garlic and parsley in the pan.
5. Pour white wine and lemon juice into the pan. Cook it for 2-3 minutes.
6. Pour this sauce over the cooked shrimp.
7. Place the Shrimp Scampi over some angel hair pasta and serve it hot.