- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Shrimp Salad San Joaquin Recipe
|Small shrimp||12 Ounce, cooked shelled and deveined (tails left on)|
|Scallions||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped (Green Onions)|
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Water||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Instant chicken broth and seasoning mix||20 Pound (4 Packets)|
|Hot sauce||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Instant rice||4 Ounce, uncooked|
|Tomatoes||2 Medium, seeded and cut into thin strips|
|Green bell peppers||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Pepper||1 Dash (To Taste)|
|Italian flat leaf parsley sprigs||3 (As Required)|
|Lime||1 (As Required, Thin Slices)|
|Thin lime slices||3 (As Required)|
Calories 301 Calories from Fat 82
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.2%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g6.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 129.3 mg
Sodium 1303.4 mg54.3%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g10.9%
Dietary Fiber 3 g11.9%
Sugars 3.9 g
Protein 22 g44.2%
Vitamin A 23.3% Vitamin C 78.8%
Calcium 9.6% Iron 19.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large glass bowl, toss the shrimp, scallions, oil and garlic together until thoroughly coated, cover and refrigerate overnight.
2) In a 1-quart saucepan, stir the water, broth mix, hot sauce and red pepper together, until the broth mix is dissolved.
3) Bring to a boil, stir in the rice, turn off the heat, cover and allow to stand for 5 minutes, then fluff the rice with a fork.
4) Add the tomatoes, bell peppers, pepper and salt, if desired, toss well to combine.
5) Add the rice mixture to the shrimp mixture and toss until thoroughly combined.
6) Cover with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, until chilled.
7) Garnished with parsley sprigs and lime slices and serve immediately.