- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Shrimp Purloo Recipe
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Long grain rice||2 Ounce, uncooked|
|Frozen okra||2 Cup (32 tbs), thawed and sliced|
|Medium shrimp||5 Ounce, shelled and deveined|
|Medium shrimps||5 Ounce, shelled and deveined|
|Red pepper||1 Dash, ground|
Calories 303 Calories from Fat 59
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.2%
Saturated Fat 1 g5.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 107.7 mg
Sodium 121.3 mg5.1%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g14%
Dietary Fiber 6.5 g25.9%
Sugars 5.3 g
Protein 20 g40.7%
Vitamin A 14.7% Vitamin C 68.8%
Calcium 18.7% Iron 19%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a nonstick skillet sized 9 inches and heat oil in it.
2) Add the onions and cook for 2 minutes over medium flame stirring often until the onions turn translucent.
3) Stir the rice in and cook by stirring for 2 minutes until the onion becomes brown in color.
4) Turn off the heat source and add 2 cups of water.
5) Cook until starts boiling, then lower the heat and allow to simmer with the cover on.
6) Cook for 15 minutes until rice becomes soft.
7) Add the shrimp along with the okra and stir well.
8) Remove cover and continue to cook for 5 minutes over medium flame stirring once in a while until the shrimps become pink in color.
9) Season with pepper and serve.