- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Shrimp Pilau With Yogurt Recipe
|Rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Onions||2 Cup (32 tbs), finely chopped|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Yoghurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Raw shrimp||2 Pound, shelled and deveined|
|Almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs), blanched, ground|
|Ground coriander||2 Teaspoon|
Calories 1005 Calories from Fat 361
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g64.5%
Saturated Fat 14.5 g72.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 396.8 mg
Sodium 1329.5 mg55.4%
Total Carbohydrates 95 g31.6%
Dietary Fiber 8.5 g33.9%
Sugars 6.2 g
Protein 63 g125.4%
Vitamin A 20.1% Vitamin C 18.8%
Calcium 32.4% Iron 46.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 300° F.
2) In a pan, cook the rice in 4 cups salted water for 12 minutes; drain and reserve 3/4 cup water.
3) In a mixing bowl, toss the onions, salt, pepper, yoghurt, and shrimp together.
4) In a skillet, saute the mixture in the butter over a high heat for 2 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally.
5) Stir in the almonds, coriander and reserved rice water, cook covered for 2 minutes.
6) In a buttered casserole, spread half the rice and spoon the shrimp in the center, reserve the sauce.
7) Cover with rest of the rice, pour over the sauce and sprinkle with the cinnamon.
8) Cover and bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
9) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.