- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Shrimp Mandarin Salad Recipe
|Canned shrimp||4 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned mandarin orange segments||11 Ounce (1 Can, Or 1 Cup Fresh)|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Oil and vinegar dressing||1 Tablespoon|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), diagonally sliced|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Cashew nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 327 Calories from Fat 175
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g31.6%
Saturated Fat 5.7 g28.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 14.9 mg
Sodium 54.9 mg2.3%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g9.8%
Sugars 12.2 g
Protein 14 g27.4%
Vitamin A 8.8% Vitamin C 46%
Calcium 8.2% Iron 7.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Chill the shrimp and mandarin segments in the can before using.
2. Drain and rinse them separately.
3. Place between layers of paper toweling to dry.
4. In a medium bowl, combine the sour cream and oil vinegar dressing.
5. Whisk with a fork until well blended.
6. Stir in the onion and celery.
7. Add the cashews, shrimp and orange segments and toss to mix and coat with the dressing.
8. Turn into a salad bowl or spoon onto individual salad plates lined with shredded lettuce if you like.