- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Shrimp Kabobs and Warm Spinach Salad Recipe
|Dry white wine/Chicken broth||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Grated lemon peel||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), finely chopped|
|Chopped fresh basil leaves/1 teaspoon dried basil leaves||1 Tablespoon|
|Uncooked deveined peeled large shrimp||1 Pound, thawed if frozen, tail shells removed (21 To 30)|
|Spinach leaves||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Plum tomatoes||2 , chopped (2/3 Cup, Roma Tomatoes)|
|Chopped onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Fat free balsamic vinaigrette||3 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 769 Calories from Fat 171
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.5%
Saturated Fat 3 g15.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 689.4 mg
Sodium 1070.1 mg44.6%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.7%
Dietary Fiber 7.2 g28.7%
Sugars 3.8 g
Protein 100 g201%
Vitamin A 403.6% Vitamin C 172.2%
Calcium 49.9% Iron 98.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Soak the wooden skewers in cold water for atleast 30 minutes beforehand to prevent them burning during the cooking process
2. In a large shallow glass bowl or a food grade cooking bag, tip the wine, oil, lemon peel, lemon juice, garlic and basil
3. Add the shrimp to the mix in the bag and then coat each shrimp well.
4. Set the shrimp in the refrigerator to marinate for atleast 30 minutes but not more than 2 hours.
5. Heat the gas grill or the charcoal grill
6. Remove the shrimp from the marinade and thread the shrimps on to the bamboo skewers
7. Leave a little space between the shrimp on the skewer
8. Place the skewers or kebabs on the grill and cook them medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
9. Turn the skewers and brush them regularly 2-3 times with the reserved marinade. Remove the skewers from the heat when the shrimp are pink
10. In a large bowl, mix the spinach, tomatoes, onion and vinaigrette to create a simple salad.
11. Set aside to chill for serving
12. Place spinach salad on a plate and cover it with shrimp kabobs.