- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Shrimp Jambalaya Recipe
|Rice||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Green pepper||1 , chopped|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Cajun style tomatoes||29 Ounce (Two 14 1/2 Ounce Each Cans)|
|Garlic powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon, dried|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Cooked ham||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Cooked shrimp||6 Ounce, frozen (1 Packet)|
Calories 565 Calories from Fat 47
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.3%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 82.9 mg27.6%
Sodium 364.1 mg15.2%
Total Carbohydrates 102 g33.9%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.8%
Sugars 15 g
Protein 26 g51.7%
Vitamin A 19.2% Vitamin C 89.1%
Calcium 18.3% Iron 27%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Boil the rice in a pot of boiling water as per its packet instructions. Set aside and keep warm.
2) In a Dutch-oven, heat oil and saute onions, green pepper and mushrooms until soft.
3) Mix in the tomatoes and continue cooking. Add in the flour and keep stirring for about 4 minutes to make sure no lumps are formed.
4) Add in thyme, cayenne pepper, cloves and bay leaves. Mix well and cook for 4 minutes longer before turning down the flame.
5) Add in the cooked ham and shrimp along with the cooked rice. Let cook for about 20 minutes till all the ingredients are heated through. Keep stirring intermittently and add water if too dry.
6) Serve the Shrimp Jambalaya hot, garnished with chopped parsley leaves.