- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Shrimp in Parsley Aspic Recipe
|Raw shrimp||1 Pound|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Unflavored gelatin||3⁄4 Ounce (3 envelopes)|
|Canned condensed chicken broth||21 1⁄2 Ounce, combined with 1 cup water (2 cans, 10 3/4 oz size)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Avocado||1 Pound (1 large one)|
|Red pepper rings||6|
|Cucumber||1 , peeled and thinly sliced|
|Parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Fresh dill/1 teaspoon dried dillweed||2 Tablespoon, snipped|
|For sour cream sauce|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Prepared horseradish||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 476 Calories from Fat 286
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50%
Saturated Fat 5.4 g27.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 143.1 mg
Sodium 1404.5 mg58.5%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.7%
Dietary Fiber 8.3 g33.2%
Sugars 8.7 g
Protein 24 g47.8%
Vitamin A 103% Vitamin C 311.6%
Calcium 10.7% Iron 20.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Keep 8-cup mold or bowl in refrigerator.
2) In a large saucepan boil 2 cups water. Add salt and shrimp and boil for 5 minutes.
3) Drain out from water and cool slightly.
4) Shell and devein shrimp, halve along the veins and add 1 tablespoon lemon juice to it.
5) Toss to mix and refrigerate.
6) To make the aspic, in a small saucepan add 1 cup diluted chicken broth and sprinkle gelatin over it.
7) Let stand for 5 minutes to soften.
8) Keep over medium heat until dissolved.
9) In a large saucepan mix remaining chicken broth, 2 tablespoons lemon juice and white wine. Boil the mixture.
10) Add dissolved gelatin to it and mix until combined.
11) Place the saucepan in a larger pan or bowl filled with ice cubes.
12) Let stand for 20 to 25 minutes stirring occasionally.
13) Halve avocado, discard peel and pit.
14) Slice lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices and sprinkle lemon juice over it.
15) Pour 1/2 cup aspic into the mold and brush on the sides of mold.
16) Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
17) Dip 6 red-pepper rings in aspic and insert into bottom of mold.
18) Put cucumber slice at the center of each pepper ring. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
19) Dip 5 avocado slices, 10 shrimp and 10 cucumber slices in aspic.
20) Press into the mold in a decorative pattern. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
21) Add parsley and dill to remaining aspic and mix.
22) Mix cubed avocado, chopped cucumber and shrimp and mix well.
23) Turn out into the mold.
24) Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
25) To make Sour-Cream Sauce mix together mayonnaise, horseradish, sour cream and salt. Mix together and refrigerate.
26) Run a knife around edge of mold to loosen and invert into a serving platter.
27) Place a hot, damp dishcloth to warm bottom and side. Shake gently to use.
28) Repeat the process.
29) Refrigerate until serving.
30) Serve with Sour-Cream Sauce.