- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Shrimp in Garlic and White Wine Sauce (Cooking with Carolyn) Recipe Video
|Kosher salt||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Boiled in salt water)|
|Raw shrimp||1 Pound (Size 31-40,peeled, deveined, tail off)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), mince|
|Shallots/Red onion||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|White wine||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc)|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Fresh thyme||2 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
|Kosher salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|All purpose seasoning||1 Teaspoon|
|For the garnish|
|Fresh basil||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Fresh chives||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
Calories 566 Calories from Fat 180
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.4%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 199.6 mg
Sodium 481.2 mg20%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g9%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 32 g64.4%
Vitamin A 18.8% Vitamin C 19.1%
Calcium 17.1% Iron 30.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Needpan
1. Peel, rinse and devein the shrimps.
2. Mince the garlic and finely chop the shallots, fresh thyme and keep it aside.
3. In a pot pour 5 quarts of water with ¼ cup of salt and bring the water to a boil.
4. Once the pasta water comes to a boil drop the pasta and cook the pasta according to the manufacturer’s directions or until the pasta is al dente.
5. Preheat a large skillet, sauté the shallots and garlic with ¼ cup of olive oil over medium high heat, stir for 1-2 minutes.
6. Add the red pepper flakes, add the wine, and return the heat to medium high.
7. Add thyme and grand diamond all-purpose seasoning.
8. Increase the heat to high and let the sauce reduce by half, keep stirring occasionally.
9. On high heat add the shrimps, cook for 3-4 minutes or until the curl up or turn pink.
10. Turn off the heat and stir in some butter let it melt.
11. Drain the water from the pasta or just remove it with a tong and add it to the reduced red wine sauce.
12. Toss all ingredients together and garnish with chopped basil, chives and parmesan cheese.
13. Serve the shrimps and linguine pasta hot.
Increasing the heat, allows the alcohol to evaporate while the flavors become concentrated and the sauce slightly thickens