- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Shrimp in Beer Recipe
|Shrimp in shell||2 Pound (Raw ones)|
|Beer||36 Ounce (3 Cans Of 12 Ounce Each)|
|Dried red peppers||2|
|Dried thyme leaves||1 Dash, crushed|
Calories 235 Calories from Fat 24
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.1%
Saturated Fat 0.5 g2.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 229.8 mg76.6%
Sodium 230.9 mg9.6%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.16 g0.64%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 32 g63.1%
Vitamin A 7.5% Vitamin C 5.4%
Calcium 8.8% Iron 21.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place a serving bowl in the refrigerator to chill.
2. In a saucepan place raw shrimp and cover with beer and let it boil.
3. Add red peppers, bay leaf and crushed thyme and simmer with cover for about 5 minutes, till shrimp is bright pink.
4. Let it cool in the cooking liquid.
5. Then shell and devein shrimp and chill thoroughly.
6. Take out the chilled bowl from the refrigerator, arrange the shrimp and pierce each one with a cocktail skewer and serve.