- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Shrimp Gumbo Recipe
|Oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Fresh okra/10-ounce package frozen okra, sliced||2 Cup (32 tbs), sliced|
|Fresh shrimp||1 Pound, peeled and deveined (Or Frozen Shrimp)|
|Green onions and tops||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), finely chopped|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Canned tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whole bay leaves||2|
|Tabasco sauce||6 Drop|
|Cooked rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
Calories 430 Calories from Fat 191
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.1%
Saturated Fat 3 g14.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 172.4 mg
Sodium 991.7 mg41.3%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.4%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 28 g55.5%
Vitamin A 29.1% Vitamin C 53%
Calcium 16.6% Iron 31.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a pan, heat oil.
2) Saute okra in hot oil for 10 minutes.
3) Add shrimp, onions, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix well.
4) Cook on high heat for about 5 minutes.
5) Add water, tomatoes and bay leaf.
6) Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
7) Now, remove the bay leaves and sprinkle in the Tabasco.
8) Divide the cooked rice into 6 portions and place them in soup bowls. Fill with gumbo and serve hot.