- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Shrimp Egg Foo Yung Recipe
|Corn starch||2 Teaspoon|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Envelope of instant chicken broth/Granulated chicken bouillon - 1 teaspoon||5 Ounce|
|Soy sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Cider vinegar||1 Teaspoon|
|Shrimp||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced, cooked (one 8-ounce package frozen shrimp)|
|Bean sprouts||1 Cup (16 tbs), drained (from a 1-pound can)|
|Green onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 271 Calories from Fat 121
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.7%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g16.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 370.6 mg
Sodium 9042.9 mg376.8%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5%
Dietary Fiber 0.82 g3.3%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 22 g44.5%
Vitamin A 15.7% Vitamin C 14.1%
Calcium 13.3% Iron 18.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small saucepan blend cornstarch with water until smooth.
2. Stir in instant chicken broth, soy sauce, vinegar and sugar and cook, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens and bubbles 1 minute.
3. Remove from heat and keep warm.
4. In a medium-size bowl beat eggs and stir in shrimp, bean sprouts, green onion, and salt.
5. Heat a large heavy skillet slowly over low heat temperature by sprinkling in a few drops of water to see if they bounce about and the temperature is right.
6. Lightly grease the skillet with some of the vegetable oil.
7. Into the pan measure about 3 tablespoons of egg mixture for each pancake waiting until one has set before pouring in the next one.
8. Bake until set with the under-side turned golden, then turn and brown other side.
9. Repeat with the rest of the mixture, lightly greasing skillet when needed.
10. On a heated serving plate stack pancakes as they are baked and set in a warm place.
11. To serve, stack or arrange 4 pancakes on each plate and top with 3 tablespoons sauce.