- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Shrimp Diavolo Recipe
|Shrimp||2 Pound (Fresh Or Frozen)|
|Olive oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Canned stewed tomatoes||40 Ounce (Two No.2 Cans)|
|Rice||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Brandy||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 1407 Calories from Fat 213
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37.1%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g18.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 344.7 mg
Sodium 1463.3 mg61%
Total Carbohydrates 217 g72.4%
Dietary Fiber 6.9 g27.5%
Sugars 12.5 g
Protein 66 g131.8%
Vitamin A 18% Vitamin C 52.6%
Calcium 29.7% Iron 63.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Shell the shrimp, clean it and remove sand veins.
2. Heat olive oil, stir in garlic, onions and shrimp and on low heat, stir and cook till shrimp turns barely pink.
3. Stir in seasonings and tomatoes. Blend well and simmer, covering, for about 10 minutes so that flavors blend well.
4. Mix water and cornstarch and add to the simmering liquid and cook till mixture thickens.
5. Take a 9-inch ring mold, pack the hot rice into it and turn the plate, upside down, on the platter or using a spoon, arrange rice on the platter in the form of a ring.
6. Add half of brandy to shrimp mixture and pout this into the ring’s middle.
7. Warm rest of the brandy, blaze the rising vapors and top the shrimp.
8. Serve hot.